Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ooom Pa Pa, Ooom Pa Pa....

It all began with a gift for my 13th birthday- Lawn Boy. This gift sparked my love affair with Phish and set me down a path rife with blackouts, molly, mushrooms, and any pharmaceutical I could get my hands on- but that’s neither here nor there.  Its what this gift represents that’s important- the beginning of my connection with the band, their music, and the freedom. Freedom of the jam, freedom from your troubles, freedom of the mind.  Its why we all see Phish- to feel that feelin’ we forgot while living out our normal lives. Phish provides an unique direction for escape- inward.  Every jam forces my mind into caverns and culverts of consciousness that were previously uncharted.  The only vehicle to get my mind to this place is Phish. I think for many this is the case.  Its bigger than the nitrous mafia in the rage cage and the spun out wook yelling “That just happened!”, repeatedly, from the row above you.  It’s a deep, spiritual connection to the band and their music that elevates the musical experience from a simple concert to an introspective journey of the self.  Surrendering to the flow…
            My passion and gratitude for Phish and the role they play in my life have led me to start this blog.  I hope to provide a forum so that we can all share in the special connection that Phish provides. Posts will not all be dedicated to show reviews containing ubiquitous metaphor and simile (a la Mr. Miner). My hope is to provide a healthy mix of comedy, show recommendations and analysis to aid in the sharing of the groove.
            Thanks for visiting and thank you for your patience as I work to get this site off the ground (as I hardly have the computer code knowledge required to post green text on PT- no seriously, I just learned how to do that yesterday).

                                                                                                ~Okimo

9 comments:

  1. You seem to be insulting "Mr. Miner's Phish Thoughts" with the poll at the top of your page. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to get a feel for people's reception of Miner's writing style thats all. It's all meant in jest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it. I like what you seem to be setting out to do in this blog. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't it "Okibo?" After listening to several Harpuas, it sure sounds like they're either saying "Okibo" or "Okivo."

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY! It's been too long since I've heard some real insight into the sriptures of Phish. God zini.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have to start writting some entries if I'm e ver goingto start reading this blog.......

    ReplyDelete